Aichi TS040 preview

For random discussions which aren't directly related to Speed-Dreams

Moderator: kilo

Aichi TS040 preview

Postby chad3006 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:39 pm

I'm still working on it. I meant for this to go in the gallery section, but put it here by mistake.

chad3006

Re: Aichi TS040 preview

Postby Tom_D3 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:51 pm

Looks great! Will you edit the engine code to allow for hybrid engines? currently only naturally aspirated and single turbo engines are allowed.

Great work, looking forward to driving it :D
Tom_D3

Postby chad3006 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:57 pm

Well, that is going to be a bit of a problem. I'm not sure how to handle the engine part. I read that it is rated at about 1000 combined HP. I tweaked the engine to reflect a very flat torque curve (that electric motors tend to have) and forced the engine to rate 1000 HP, but found it was a bit uncontrollable at that, so I backed the torque curve off a bit. So the answer is -- no. I opted for more drivability at this point, perhaps some of the setup gurus can make it better.

Also, I read that it has 7 gears, I guessed at ratios, but if someone is able to find what the gear ratios are I'll edit accordingly.
chad3006

Postby Tom_D3 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:00 pm

I think that that is something to work on for the next release, along with a better sound system and better graphics :D
Tom_D3

Postby Haruna » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:34 pm

chad3006 wrote:Well, that is going to be a bit of a problem. I'm not sure how to handle the engine part. I read that it is rated at about 1000 combined HP. I tweaked the engine to reflect a very flat torque curve (that electric motors tend to have) and forced the engine to rate 1000 HP, but found it was a bit uncontrollable at that, so I backed the torque curve off a bit. So the answer is -- no. I opted for more drivability at this point, perhaps some of the setup gurus can make it better.

Also, I read that it has 7 gears, I guessed at ratios, but if someone is able to find what the gear ratios are I'll edit accordingly.

This is only allegedly around 1000 horsepower. I'd say figures are closer to 950~975 hp, though that's still a 100 horsepower advantage over the Vieringes and Boxers.

As for ratios, most of the P1s this year were hitting roughly within the 205 mph ballpark on close to minimum downforce (Le Mans is a power circuit more than any other).
Haruna

Postby jjsca » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:04 am

Hi there it is nice to hear from you chad how are you btw ? It is a very nice model you're prensenting here, I am really looking forward to drive it around. In terms of setup it will be quite complex to simulate with the current tools.

There is of course the torque output which is enormous at corner exit because of the electric engines, but there is also the energy recovery system which will brake the car when one is lifting of and messing up with the brake bias. Maybe all that is for the future, for the moment let's be happy about a new longday prototype :D

I even think that in gt6 the car was calmed down in terms of power, because when electric engines like that decide to wake up they really tear the wheels apart. The poor drivers when it is wet it must be horrible to get out of mulsanne corner.

Haruna wrote:Le Mans is a power circuit more than any other

Yes and no, because the Porsche esses are pretty demanding in terms of downforce, You can easily loose a second or more there. But of course speed is very important because of the long straights.

For the gear ratios I would put the end of 4th at 210-230 kph and then gradually shorten upper gears to have the end of 7th at 345-350 kph, it certainly isn't exact but for a general case these gear ratios work well on lmp cars in GT6 for any track. Hope it helps.

Have a nice day.

J.J.
jjsca

Postby chad3006 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:31 pm

I'm doing good. So far I'm symptom free, but I still don't have a solid diagnosis yet. Dr. said I have some atypical genetic markers, so that's complicating things. Who knows, maybe I'll get a disease named after me – YEAH!

I'm glad to see more traffic here at the forum and more modelers too!

I've started work on this Boxer too:

And I finished this '57 Nash a few months ago – this is some of my “private stock.” Yes, not everybody gets to feel the thrill of a '57 Nash.

chad3006

Postby MiniJoe » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:10 pm

Wow, I love the Nash!
I have been waiting for you to move into the 60's :lol:
Austin-Healeys, MGs, Mustangs
MiniJoe

Postby Tom_D3 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:17 pm

There are a few 60s cars in the Torcs 'Historic' category, I could re-texture them at some point and make them graphically sutiable for Speed Dreams 2 :D
Tom_D3

Postby chad3006 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:13 pm

I have plans for more cars than I can possibly finish. I've got an unfinished 68 Mustang, still want to do a early 70's 'Cuda. And I want to do a series of early 60's European rally cars. Oh yeah, and I've started gathering info on some mid to late 60's F1 cars -- want to do some of those too -- and some 60's NASCAR -- some "golden age" drag cars, gassers, and factory "super stocks." So you track makers, get a drag strip ready (I haven't figured out how to dump the clutch and make a car twist and come off the line with a wheelie yet though.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6jo6gVug48
chad3006

Next

Return to Off-topic