[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - After a first night of playing speed dreams

After a first night of playing speed dreams

For random discussions which aren't directly related to Speed-Dreams

Moderator: kilo

After a first night of playing speed dreams

Postby threepot » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:37 pm

I am amazed how good this game is.

Can't really imagine how much hard work has gone into a project like this.

Thanks!
threepot

Re: After a first night of playing speed dreams

Postby threepot » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:01 am

I'm still totally amazed by this game, it runs proper nice and the physics are pretty damn good.

To be a critic.... it would be nice if the corners of the track were more rounded instead of the straight lines making a corner.

And the engine sounds are pretty lame, but that is a pretty big job recording cars to get the sound library together.

Another nice feature to add would be to show a thumbnail of the car when selecting the vehicle to drive.

I'm running it on a core2quad @ 3ghz, 2ghz ram, with a geforce 8500gts, on linux mint 17.1 mate 64bit. All my graphics setting are cranked up to the max, and the graphics setting in the nvidia xserver cranked up yet I keep a solid 60fps. I'm amazed at how good this is!!!
threepot

Postby threepot » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:54 am

Actually after playing it now for a fair few hours I take back all my previous criticism :lol: :lol:

The only thing that lets down the close racing experience for me is the collision engine.

Its a bit abrupt, a little nudge makes cars bounce off wildly.

It would be nice if there was an adjuster to change the collision effect from over realistic to arcade.

I fancy building a track, which seems quite doable. The least I can do for getting to enjoy such a wicked game for free is to give something back into the pot.
threepot

Postby Grzyby15 » Tue May 05, 2015 9:00 am

This game is addictive. I play all the time:)
Grzyby15

Return to Off-topic