[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Installing cars

Installing cars

Use this forum to report bugs or ask for help

Moderator: kilo

Installing cars

Postby nascar56 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:56 am

I looked all over the website but couldn't find out how to install cars in Speed Dreams. Anyone willing to help a newbie?
nascar56

Re: Installing cars

Postby Haruna » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:23 am

most cars will come with files in a ZIP archive

open the add-on car in question's ZIP archive, extract to:
<install directory>\data\cars\<name of car>
Haruna

Postby edwinguerra » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:02 am

Hey, guys!
The question that comes to mind now is, how would I do to activate the categories for the new cars if they are not included in the existing categories?
Not to be a newbie or anything, but my development XML is not very high... :oops: ...
Greetings! :D
Edwin Guerra
@edwinguerrave on Twitter
edwinguerra

Postby Lin1876 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:10 pm

You'll find the categories as a list of XML files in <instal directory>/categories

As for adding to that, many cars which don't fit into existing classes will often come with an XML file which can be put into that folder. Not sure where you go if that's not the case though.
Lin1876

Postby Nic KERS » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:40 am

Adding to this thread instead of spamming Chad's cars thread.

I've only tried to add 1 new car so far and it's in a known category (Nascar), but the car category doesn't magically show up in the garage menu, and longtomjr and I can't find it elsewhere. The only Categories I can choose are:

1936 Grand Prix
Long Day Series GT1
Long Day Series GT2
Monoposto 5
Rally Series
Supercars
TORCS Racing Board 1

But there are these in /usr/share/games/speed-dreams-2/categories/

36GP.xml
LS-GT1.xml
LS-GT2.xml
LS-P1.xml
LS-P2.xml
MP10.xml
MP1.xml
MP5.xml
MPA1.xml
Nascar.xml
Preview.xml
Raid-T1.xml
References.xml
RS.xml
Supercars.xml
TRB1.xml

I'm (we are) missing a trick somewhere (build r4687).
Nic KERS

Postby longtomjr » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:21 am

Thanks... lol Good idea
longtomjr

Postby Nic KERS » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:45 pm

I think it must be a secret. Try using the Search for 'nascar' - just in SD Cars. Word too common it says. So I try +nascar +category - still too common it tells me. Google Site Search finds 26 hits for 'nascar' on the whole SD community site. :|

Google only finds 1 hit for "category: nascar" and that's my post two up from here.

So I wish you luck with that one longtomjr. :)
Nic KERS

Postby longtomjr » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:49 pm

I found the sulotion... In linux it is that the OS is case sensitive so sometimes it is spelled wrong in the xml file. The best way to overide this is to make a copy of the category XML and rename it with a lowercase letter
longtomjr

Postby Anubisone » Sat May 11, 2013 2:55 pm

Hi, I have all your cars, but they don't show up. I added your cars from 70's inside cars directory. It is my first time, so be polite on me :) since I don't know how to change xml files which are standars now.
Anubisone

Postby W-E-C » Mon May 13, 2013 6:03 am

could be one of the following problems:

- in the car directory every car needs to have its own subdirectory which contains all the car files
the name of this subdirectory must be identical to the name of the xml file of the car (without the suffix of course)

- some cars require an extra category file (an extra single xml file) which needs to be placed int the categories directory
W-E-C

Next

Return to Problems, Fixes & Help