[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - chad3006's car thread

chad3006's car thread

Discuss or share your car-related work here

Moderator: kilo

Re: chad3006's car thread

Postby mungewell » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:57 pm

Just as a side note to these fabulous cars.... a short history of stock cars:
mungewell

Postby chad3006 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:51 pm

OK, on the plus side, here’s a Spirit Consultina, on the negative side, the car preview shots are junk. I recently reworked my computer, broke my garage track, and try as I might, can’t seem to get it working again. (I absolutely hate the computer I’ve got at the moment.)

IMPORTANT: You’ll need to also download the Trans Am categories and have them saved in your speed-dreams/data/categories folder in order for this car to work “out-of-the-box.” Or you can rename it and edit its XML file accordingly to put it in an existing SD category.

Created by: chad3006
Category: Trans Am 2 litre class
Based on: 1964 Lotus Cortina
License: GNU General Public License

Horsepower: 180 H.P. @ 7237 rpm
Max Torque: 182 Nm @ 5921 rpm
Weight: 905 Kg
Weight on Front: 55%
Drivetrain: RWD
Info: While this particular set of files represents a Trans Am racer circa 1966, the original car was popular in many different racing series. So feel free to modify it to fit other racing categories too; in fact, of the liveries I’ve included with the file, only two are actually Trans Am cars (#40 and #50.) And technically the Trans Am car should be modelled after the later “Air Flow” models, but I just didn’t do that -- besides this is a Spirit Consultina.

Categories download link:
Car download link:
chad3006

Postby Anubisone » Sat May 11, 2013 5:25 pm

How to install your cars, so they work for SD? We couldn't find any working solution. Directory is in a good position, xmls files also. What's wrong?
Anubisone

Postby chad3006 » Wed May 15, 2013 1:48 pm

For the Consultina, you need to download and extract the file and place it in the (for Ubuntu linux) usr>>share>>games>>speed-dreams-2>>categories directory and give it proper permissions*, (for windows) Program Files>>speed-dreams-2.0.0>>data>>categories directory. Then, download the , extract it and place it in (for Ubuntu linux) usr>>share>>games>>speed-dreams-2>>cars directory and give all files in the car's folder proper permissions*, (for windows) Program Files>>speed-dreams-2.0.0>>data>>cars directory. Then everything should work.

* while using the root user, I gave the files "read only" permissions and that seemed to work.

If that doesn't work, I probably accidently left something out of the car's files. I'll be updating it soon, so I'll check then.
chad3006

Postby chad3006 » Wed May 15, 2013 4:20 pm

Note: I've updated the Consultina. Thanks to help from W-E-C, I got the garage track working and I've gotten the preview shots for it done properly.
chad3006

Postby chad3006 » Wed May 15, 2013 6:41 pm

Created by: chad3006 (xml file primarily from SD’s Vulture)
Category: Supercars
Based on: 1970 AMC AMX/3
License: GNU General Public License

Horsepower: 343 H.P. @ 5132 rpm
Max Torque: 583 Nm @ 2763 rpm
Weight: 1402 Kg
Weight on Front: 50%
Drivetrain: RWD
Info: Here’s a model inspired by American Motor’s AMX/3. As far as I know it was AMC’s only supercar candidate and was produced in very limited numbers (6.) I’ve read the car handled very well with a nearly perfect 50/50 weight distribution, but of course I’ve never driven one, so I can’t say. Consider this something of a ALPHA release because this car is nearly impossible for me to control. I’ve not been able to dial in a good performance configuration so far – please share if you are able to configure it better.

Link:
chad3006

Postby Anubisone » Sun May 19, 2013 10:50 pm

Thanks alot. Both cars are loading, but dont know why Consultina and Patriot, both of them have some glitch between the wheels and the shell of a car, so the shell is bumping and its difficult to drive. Can you check why? Other cars that are by default are ok.
Anubisone

Postby chad3006 » Mon May 20, 2013 12:40 pm

I goofed up the rear wheel wells of the consultina, but it shouldn't effect the performance -- that's a seperate issue, the patriot is just plain difficult to drive at the moment.
chad3006

Postby h-j-s » Tue May 21, 2013 1:43 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
h-j-s

Postby chad3006 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:07 pm

I recently finished making a tool that I hope will help create the Engine section of a Speed Dreams car's XML file. The intent is to simplify the whole thing by giving the user an easy interface with minimum input, yet still create a somewhat realistic set of data points for the car. It does however make certain assumptions and uses default values that would have to be edited “the old fashioned way” if the user should want to make specific changes. The readme.txt included in the zip file should hopefully explain the usage. It should work in win9x to win7 and seems to work fine in Wine for Linux users.

LINK:
chad3006

PreviousNext

Return to SD Cars