[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Gaming Seat(s) DIY

Gaming Seat(s) DIY

For random discussions which aren't directly related to Speed-Dreams

Moderator: kilo

Gaming Seat(s) DIY

Postby mungewell » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:10 pm

So it doesn't take much to work out my plan for these.... $40 each from breakers. These are from a 2001 Subaru Outback Limited.

As you can see the rails are asymetric; flat(ish) mounting on what would be the 'outside' of the car, but vertical on the 'inside'. I figured that it would be easy to switch one rail over... but no!! The driver seat had a height adjustment which meant the rail was welded to a bracket, after some 'application' of an angle grinder it was removed (and I also had to cut off the seat belt bracket as it interfered with the adjustment handles).

Some slight changes were needed with rail adjustments, but now the seats are symetrical and sit nicely. My test drivers approve ;-)

Next is to measure up the mounts and figure out the design for the frames,
Simon
mungewell

Re: Gaming Seat(s) DIY

Postby chad3006 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:32 pm

Cool, I love these kind of DIY's. I can't wait to see how it all comes together.
chad3006

Return to Off-topic