[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Export/record user data

Export/record user data

Information about the inner-side magic

Moderator: kilo

Export/record user data

Postby ls908 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:09 pm

Hi,

I am trying to find a way to record user data in Speed Dreams. With this I mean the user inputs (accelerator position, brake pedal position, steering angle,...) as well as the users car position (current track segment, exact track position, speed, de/acceleration, direction,...). Ideally I am trying to achieve something that outputs a text file for every completed lap but any other output would be great as well.

Is this possible in Speed Dreams or any other racing simulation for that matter? Is it possible to record similar data for AI drivers?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
ls908

Re: Export/record user data

Postby mungewell » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:45 pm

There was some discussion on the mailing list regarding 'telemetry', which looks to be what you're asking for:
https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/for ... eams-devel

Don't know the current state of things, perhaps another dev can confirm.

You don't say which platform you are on; it's been mentioned that the 'Telemetry module' only supports linux, although I might be wrong as I have never tried using it....
Simon
mungewell

Postby asic_designer » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:51 pm

Hi All

Has there been any progress made on this issue? I would very much like to use the SD simulator for a project I am currently working on. We will need SD to output telemetry and gps data, has this feature been added to the simulator?
asic_designer

Postby mungewell » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:09 pm

I don't believe that anyone did any work on that, but we're happy for any contributions of code. :-)

BTW you may be interested in the 'replay' functionality which I've been working on. This saves the state/position/etc of each car out to a SQLite database, and allows it to be replayed later. It's not in the main tree, but we'll probably included it after the next release.

You might be able to use the resultant SQLite DB, or modify the code for your specific needs.
Cheers,
Simon.
mungewell

Postby asic_designer » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:34 am

I was hoping this was going to be a little easier. OK so now I have to ask, do you know of any other open source racing simulators out there which do offer this feature? I'm not sure why you guys don't offer it, maybe its a resources thing, but it would make the simulator a lot more useful to engineers, and embedded programmers in the robotics and automotive fields.
asic_designer

Postby mungewell » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:27 pm

mungewell

Postby asic_designer » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:32 am

Yes you are probably right, I'll give this some thought, I would really like to use the Simulator. I'd even be interested in paying someone to write the patch for me, I have a ton of work on my hands now, adding this to the stack wouldn't be good. :twisted:
asic_designer

Return to SD Physics & Internals