[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Twitchy high clift cars on simuv4

Twitchy high clift cars on simuv4

Information about the inner-side magic

Moderator: kilo

Twitchy high clift cars on simuv4

Postby rickzeppelin » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:39 am

Hi, I got Speed Dreams 2.1 beta, and I loved simuv4 but the formula 1 cars will spin with even the slightest turn. :o
Unless if I increase their wing angles but then they'll be too slow on straights. I've converted F1 cars from F1 2002, and they're quite fast but they only handle well with more downforce than necessary on Forza, but they only hit 340 kph. 2002 F1 cars are less draggy than 2013/2014 ones, so they're supposed to hit like 370 on Forza. I use clift 0.6/0.7 F/R, reducing clift makes them stop spinning but too slow on corners even on Forza. Is there any workaround? :P simuv2.1 crashes on the beta, but the AI seems better to me, so I'll stick with it.
rickzeppelin

Re: Twitchy high clift cars on simuv4

Postby chad3006 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:41 pm

I've run into similar problems on some of the cars I'm developing. In general the steering seems very touchy in simuv4.
chad3006

Postby rickzeppelin » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:05 am

I got them to work fine with simuv4 with lots of trial an error, but I noticed something. The AI doesn't use simuv4! Only the player (me). THat's weird. I returned it back to simuv2.1 and my car was slow on corners again. :shock:
rickzeppelin

Postby mungewell » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:17 pm

I don't think that its possible to have 2 simulation engines loaded at the same time, all cars on the track must use the same one. You can check the debug logs to confirm.

Simon.
mungewell

Postby rickzeppelin » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:58 am

Sorry for my ignorance but where are they located? Do I need to run the game with command line parameters to get the logs?
rickzeppelin

Postby darla » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:02 am

The Spirit 300 fix did the trick, it was very twitchy still (but i find that with a lot of cars) but doing the car.xml fixed made the Spirit's twitchiness a little more controllable and drivable with my xbox gamepad.
the car.xml also solved the silber somewhat. It seems to be a bit of an enigma, on goldstone-sand its starts in the air but doesnt get weightless however driving on strret 1 (which was where I originally noticed the problem.) it stays on the ground until rounding a tight corner, the tight corners are the problem with the silber.
We provide fast success in dumps exam by using our high quality prep resources.
darla

Return to SD Physics & Internals