[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Car Setup File

Car Setup File

Use this forum to report bugs or ask for help

Moderator: kilo

Car Setup File

Postby Oere » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:21 pm

Hi,

Im new to this forum, i hope its the right place to aks. I would like to change my car setup, e.g. spoilers, gear ratios... but i cant get it working. i tried whats the readme file says and a lot of other xml files to change, but when driving i never got an effect. i tried it on ubuntu and winxp. I think i probably change the wrong file or name it wrong or wrong path. Can someone tell me exact file? is it track related too? im not trying on a robot but as human driver.

thx
Oere

Re: Car Setup File

Postby mungewell » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:39 pm

I believe that the idea is that there's a 'tree' of XML files which can define the various settings for each driver, and tuned settings for various cars/tracks, and when SpeedDreams is started it merges all the values together.... but I have not followed this through to see whether this actually works.

It would be helpful if one of the (other) devs could give some example file locations and names, I believe that they would be under the '~/.speeddreams2/' (or '<user>\Documents and Settings\speed-dreams-2.settings').

Simon
mungewell

Postby Oere » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:39 pm

I found a good explanation here: which works now for me. The Problem was also that i tried to change values on sc-boxer-96. I looked up the inital car file SD2\data\cars\sc-boxer-96\sc-boxer-96.xml and found out that there are no min/max values even not for rear spoilers. This means to me these car (i guess all supercars) are intentionally not made/able to change anything in a personalized setup file. So each car category has different parameters that you are able to change for personalized setup. I'm gonna try it for ubuntu now, i think it will work.

Oere
Oere

Postby mungewell » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:52 pm

That page looks like it needs some 'neat and tidy' love.... where did you end up putting your 'adjustment' files?

If you can't adjust settings (between permitted limits) then its probably a bug, that said the 'tuning' part of the game hasn't really been worked on.

Shouldn't the category file define acceptable limits, which the car can then set between? If we need to add max/min limits to the 'stock' car values then we should do that...

Cheers,
Simon.
mungewell

Postby Oere » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:44 am

While the category file defines limits (sd2\data\categories\supercars.xml) the car file (sd2\data\cars\sc-boxer-96\sc-boxer-96.xml) doesn't. This could be a bug. It could be also made intentionally, because supercars, are cars right from the manufactur without tuning/tuning options in real life?

Also you should not be able to apply spoilers to 36gp cars because they don't have some in real life, that is kind the same.

I put the adjustment files in:

winxp: my documents\speed-dreams-2.settings\drivers\human\cars\<car name>\default.xml

ubuntu: home/<user>/.speed-dreams-2/drivers/human/cars/<car name>/default.xml

If you want track related files name the default.xml to <track name>.xml

Oere
Oere

Postby torcs-ng » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:04 pm

the category xml file is made for that.
If wing front ="0" in category xml and you put wing front="30.0" on 36GP by example, these value is not used.

Cheers
Xavier
torcs-ng

Postby ayrusida » Fri May 16, 2014 6:48 am

Is there any way to change the car setup without quiting the game first?

Sorry if i ask a stupid question, cause that's the way I change the car setup, and I found it too complicated, because I must run and quit the games so many times just to find a right setup
Visit my Speed Dreams VPlaylist on youtube: ;)

ayrusida

Postby chad3006 » Fri May 16, 2014 12:52 pm

No I don't think there is a way to change the car's setup file on the fly. I tried some experimenting with that myself and it didn't work.
chad3006

Postby mungewell » Fri May 16, 2014 3:34 pm

I think that at the moment the values are read into the sim engine at the start of the race and not expected to change.

An approach might be to use the controller to sense a change to a parameter, and have this change the value reflected in the sim (much like 'glance' is handled now). With a wheel like the Steelseries SRW-S1 you have loads of knobs which aren't used for anything in SpeedDreams.

As a quick hack you might be able to code up using a button action to reload the sim parameters....
Simon.

PS. If you do 'ESC' and 'Restart' does this reload the values...?
mungewell

Postby tlow » Fri May 16, 2014 9:34 pm

tlow

Next

Return to Problems, Fixes & Help