[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Can't Make Tracks

Can't Make Tracks

Discuss or share your track-related work here

Moderator: kilo

Can't Make Tracks

Postby Cobb » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:26 am

Hey guys
So I got the old torcs trackeditor as recommended by someone and I've have a few problems.
Currently the trackeditor can only work for me on one of my laptops (I have an XP laptop, a Win7 PC, and a Win 8 Laptop with it only working on the XP one) and the rest wont start cause it says that JAVA is not recognised. They are installed mind you.
Further to the problem when I make a track on the one that works, when i go to trackgen, it crashes in a split second, too fast to see what the problem is.
So how do I get trackgen to work? Is there a newer trackeditor that I can make the most of or do I need to do xml edits by hand to get the track up and running?
Cheers for any help
Cobb
Cobb

Re: Can't Make Tracks

Postby MiniJoe » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:17 pm

MiniJoe

Postby mungewell » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:28 pm

Trackgen and Trackeditor are different things. I have Java Trackeditor (0.6.2) working fine on Windows7 32bit. Did you start with '.bat' file or directly?

Simon
mungewell

Postby chad3006 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:20 pm

I can also run the Java version of Track editor just fine in Win7 64 bit. I double click the .bat file to run it. And run the track gen from the command promt. "cd" to what ever directory the track gen is in then type "trackgen" at the promt. (or something like that.)
chad3006

Postby Cobb » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:48 pm

Cobb

Postby chad3006 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:13 pm

Maybe try re-installing java?
chad3006

Postby Cobb » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:11 pm

Given that it works on one computer, but not on two others, I doubt its the installation of java that's the problem.
None the less I will give it a try.
What version of java are you guys using? is it the latest or an earlier version cause the one ive got working runs using the 1.6.x
Cobb

Postby chad3006 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:37 pm

I'm not sure exactly what version I've got, but it's probably the latest or a very recent one at least.
chad3006

Postby Cobb » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:36 am

While i still haven't tried reinstalling java, I have being using my older laptop to make a track and convert it using trackgen.
However I'm a little stuck now, I have been following Vincente Centelles 'Build your own Torcs track in 20 minutes' guide. But I'm not sure what to do after you've created the .ac file.
Would someone be kind enough to give me a step by step rundown on what I need to do after creating the .ac file(Maybe in a PM) please. It would be really helpful.
Any help would be really appreciated.
Cheers
Cobb
Cobb

Postby chad3006 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:27 pm

Well, I'm not really sure either, but here's some more info on torcs/SD track making. It's my understanding that technically Speed Dreams only needs the XML file to have a "working" track. The model files are there just for visual reference. Then further, the surrounding terrain, and trackside crap is just eye candy.

chad3006

Next

Return to SD Tracks