[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Can't Make Tracks

Can't Make Tracks

Discuss or share your track-related work here

Moderator: kilo

Re: Can't Make Tracks

Postby Cobb » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:01 pm

Thanks Chad.
Will get looking at them and see if they help get it running.
Cobb

Postby chad3006 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:20 am

I've been playing with making a track too, so far I haven't managed to find the proper combination of syntax, and other junk to make trackgen spit out anything, so if you figure out something, Cobb, post it here and I'll do the same. Maybe between the two of us we can figure something out.
chad3006

Postby MiniJoe » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:53 am

If you are on Windows Vista or newer, you may want to make the 'tracks' folder writable. Trackgen needs to create the .ac and other files. The path to the tracks is different for Speed-Dreams 2.0 or greater. If you are creating a new track with the Torcs track editor, you will probably find it easier to copy the xml file to the speed-dreams tracks folder and then run trackgen. What OS and what version(s) of the tools are you using?
MiniJoe

Postby Cobb » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:53 am

Cobb

Postby chad3006 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:14 pm

I think what he means by writable is that your user ID has permissions to read and write to that folder or file. After playing around this weekend I got trackgen to work in Linux after chown-ing and chmod-ing (giving my user ID permissions to use certain folders and files.) Same is true for WInvista and above. I thought about it this weekend and thought that might be the problem you were having with your Win7 systems and why XP worked OK.

Also Joe is working on a new track editor that'll include elevations. I'm looking forward to it.
chad3006

Postby Cobb » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:30 pm

Thats interesting, I've never had any issues with user id permissions but ill look into that. Just to be clear trackgen works fine on Win7, it just the trackeditor that wont work on it.
I've been wondering about that new editor I read about when first investigating this game. Hope its good. Will it require manually editing the .xml as we currently have to.
Im at a bit of a loss as to why my .xml is crashing speed dreams on selection of the circuit category and its a shame those tutorials on creating tracks for speed dreams kinda end abruptly.

Edit: what permissions would i have to change, the main issue with starting the trackeditor is that comes up saying Java OS is not recognised. Is it possible I need an older version of Java.
Cobb

Postby chad3006 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:43 pm

I forgot you were having trouble with track editor instead of trackgen. I'm still not sure about the java issue.

What I did was turn UAC off (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... =windows-7) but be aware of the risks. The particular computer I've done it to doesn't get on the net very often.
Last edited by chad3006 on Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chad3006

Postby Cobb » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:47 pm

Haha no worries. At least I have a temporary solution though.
Let us know how you do getting your track in game? I imagine I missed something in editing the .xml
Cobb

Postby chad3006 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:54 pm

When using track editor I set all the output folder to whatever the track's name is. For example if it's a road track and the name is gv, I set the path to (I'm doing this from memory, so be aware of any differences) speed dreams-2 /data/tacks/road/. Track editor will create a folder called "gv" in that path. Then trackgen will find it and put the .ac files in that folder automatically, then I just start speed dreams and there it is -- a very basic track, but drivable and textured anyway.

The documentation that is in the doc folder of track editor helps too.
chad3006

Postby Cobb » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:58 pm

So you didnt have to modify anything in the .xml and it showed up?
I may need to redo the track just to get it running in basic before fiddling then.
Thanks anyway
Cobb

PreviousNext

Return to SD Tracks