[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Tuna

Tuna

Discuss or share your track-related work here

Moderator: kilo

Tuna

Postby Kennet » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:02 pm

Track Name: Tuna
-Track length: 3353.4 m
-Track description: A racing track with very good overtaking opportunities
-Track type: Permanent

-Track outline image:

-origin: Fantasy

This is the track with the banner for Torcs:
Tuna.7z
It extracts a directory named Tuna. Place it among the other tracks.

What is a good racing track? Some thoughts.
Fairly wide as overtaking will be easy.
Straights should be ruler straight and long enough for a realistic overtaking attempt.
Overtaking seldom happens in a technical section, they should therefore be short.
A short track has a short average distance between the cars, i.e. more interaction.
Some difficulties as to make mistakes more likely.

The name:
No, it's not the fish... The name Tuna [tʉːna] comes from an old Swedish word, tun [tʉːn],
courtyard or enclosed grass pasture, especially the grassgrowth surrounding a farmhouse.
Tuna is the plural form. It still lives in the form of tun or tuna in place names.
There is a place named Tuna sw of Stockholm.

Pronunciation:
http://sv.wiktionary.org/wiki/Wiktionar ... uide/Uttal

Copyleft: this work of art is free, you can redistribute
it and/or modify it according to terms of the Free Art license.
You will find a specimen of this license on the site
Copyleft Attitude http://artlibre.org as well as on other sites.

This track was published june 2010 originally. Read the attached letter, unfortunately I had to compress it too.

This track was published before they started with the Circuit of the Americas, can you see any similarities?

Are there any lessons learned from this track on the proposed Baku Street Circuit?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Kennet on Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kennet

Re: Tuna

Postby Tom_D3 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:20 pm

Great track, I enjoy racing on it :D
You should build Imola for speed dreams too, that is a great track 8-)
Tom_D3

Postby Kennet » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:38 am

After I read an interview with Hermann Tilke I began to wonder what I wrote in the text accompanying my track.
Here follows a clarification for anyone creating a real or virtual racetrack. A difficulty on the track, where a mistake
is possible, should immediately be followed by a straight long enough for a realistic overtaking attempt.
This, of course, so that a mistake will be punished.

In the original thread I also noticed a query if I allow this track to be included in the Speed-Dreams repo. Sure,
anyone may beautify it if they wish, I think it should have a rural look basically.

I don't think I will do a real track anytime soon, it is a lot to do to make it somewhat correct.
Kennet

Postby Kennet » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:28 am

If you only are interested in the original letter it is on:
https://sourceforge.net/p/speed-dreams/ ... /25453057/
Kennet

Postby torcs-ng » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:21 pm

Hi Kennet,
I can't find this track on the links can you send me the complete files ?

Cheers
Xavier
torcs-ng

Postby Kennet » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:46 pm

I tried the Tuna.7z file and it worked for me. It is with the Torcs banner though.
I will upload the Speed-Dreams banner version as soon as I can...
I see the message:
Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.
Kennet

Postby Leopjing » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:13 pm

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=780

Take a look here
Leopjing

Return to SD Tracks