[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Audi R8 and other supercars

Audi R8 and other supercars

Discuss or share your car-related work here

Moderator: kilo

Audi R8 and other supercars

Postby Tom_D3 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:29 pm

Hello,

I am currently working on an Audi R8 for speed dreams, modelling with blender. Will post work in progress and finished model here. Feel free to post your supercar models here, and say what supercars you would like to be created for speed dreams. :D

(P.S this may take a while to model as I don't have a huge amount of time to do it :D )
Tom_D3

Re: Audi R8 and other supercars

Postby Haruna » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:50 pm

I'd love to see a LMS Ultra race version.
Haruna

Postby Tom_D3 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:56 pm

I'll first make it for the supercars category, and then modify for a le mans version :)
Tom_D3

Postby ayrusida » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:26 pm

in the end, you should made another GT3 cars :D
Visit my Speed Dreams VPlaylist on youtube: ;)

ayrusida

Postby Tom_D3 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:55 pm

audi-r8.pngFirst work in progress pic. I will make one half, then mirror it. Last I will convert it to triangles. shouldn't take too long... :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tom_D3

Postby Tom_D3 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:01 pm

Last edited by Tom_D3 on Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom_D3

Postby Haruna » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:04 pm

You could feasibly just tone down the power and give the Archer R-9 a bit of a weight penalty, and you'd have a DBRS9 fairly easily. Most of the teams running Aston Martin GT3s are using V12 Vantages instead these days though.
Haruna

Postby Tom_D3 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:02 pm

Yeah, there's only a few vents ant air intakes to model then, plus a bit of the aero. :D Also, the gallardo can be edited from the user made model, by adding wings etc. Plus, there's a model of the maclaren mp4-12c on sourceforge, which can be edited to GT3 at http://sourceforge.net/p/speed-dreams/c ... sector-p4/ 8-)

As for the others, i'll just have to make them :)
Tom_D3

Postby Tom_D3 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:10 pm

Getting there with the DBRS9 GT3, have modified the vents and added the roof air intake. Also I have detuned the archer-r9 .xml file to produce (roughly) the correct power output of the DBRS9 :D Now Just doing UV mapping, and creating a new livery for it :D

Should'nt take too long...
Tom_D3

Postby HyenaRacer45 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:12 am

Dear Tom_D3, what version of blender are you using and in what OS? Do you have working AC3D scripts?
I am frustrated by cannoical's new repository given me only blender 2.69 to work with in Xubuntu 14.04, thinking of a triple boot downgrade to 12.04 LTS if that will fix my blender problem. Can not get the scripts to work at all.
Have tried all available AC3D import/export scripts with no success even tried rewriting them figuring out a few mistakes in the python, but don,t remember enough of python to fully figure all issues. I have been miserable trying to figure out a solution to this, I do not want to resort to Windows apps, for security concerns on windows exe based programs. I seriously need linux solutions to edit the *.ac files and get the linux build of the *.acc builder for speed dreams as it need the .acc file not just the *.ac file. Also no luck in finding zmodeler mesh convertors for linux (have tons of cars in this format). I want to contribute a plethora of cars for torcs and speed dreams but yeah gonna focus on speed dreams since i love having the engine info in garage (torcs does not have this). Any help you can give a fellow Speed dreams enthusiast? Also have high ambitions of starting an ioquake3 based remake to improve rendering speed and execution bby replacing all c/c+/c++ with full python like Q3A to make it even faster so that lower middle mark machines can play a full grid of 20 cars with very useable framerate and better graphics (real brake glow emissivity, tail lights and head lights are not just point light sources but full lightmaps with emissive sub-objects)(simple volumetric projective lights also from lightmap/emiting surface). High end machines will have 65fps with 40 cars. (ultimately)

PS I have tried the linux build of AC3D which will not run on my machine for some stupid reason. So I can not even use the 14 day trial.
HyenaRacer45

Next

Return to SD Cars