[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - chad3006's car thread

chad3006's car thread

Discuss or share your car-related work here

Moderator: kilo

Re: chad3006's car thread

Postby chad3006 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:36 pm

Due to health/financial reasons, I'm gonna have to let my personal web-hosting site go. These links will eventually become dead. I thought I had paid for two or three years ahead, but I'm getting invoices in my email, so I guess I was mistaken – don't know and don't really care right now anyway. So if you want any of these cars, download 'em now, my storage was getting about full-up anyway.

I may post some future car's directly to the site; it'll just depend on how I feel.
chad3006

Postby madbad » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:43 pm

Hi Chad,
are you ok if I download and re-pload them in (so that they don't get lost)?
madbad

Postby chad3006 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:44 pm

Sure, I gave these cars to you guys, so you can do what you want with them.
chad3006

Postby madbad » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:59 pm

Thanks Chad.
I really hope you can solve your healt and financial problems.
Good luck!
madbad

Postby Radoye1 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:04 pm

Sorry to hear about your health problems mate, i've been enjoying the cars you made. Hopefully things work out for you.
Radoye1

Postby Tom_D3 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:01 pm

Hello, sorry to hear about your health/ financial problems, hope they soon disappear ;) You've helped me loads and I love your cars, especially the 1967 911 and 1970 dodge challenger :D
Thanks
Tom_D3

Postby chad3006 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:32 pm

Thanks guys.

I'll let you guys know. I've got some kind of blood cancer; don't know if its lymphoma or leukemia yet. So my financial situation is directly tied to my health ... I've got to prepare for the fight. Anyway, we need not speak of it again.

But on a positive note, I've just finished modeling a Toyota TS040 (2014) – completely different from anything I've modeled before. Still must do the setup and 2d work.
chad3006

Postby W-E-C » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:31 pm

Hello Chad,

like the others i'm sorry to hear about your health problems and wish you a good recovery

@Toyota TS040: certainly a car to look forward to
W-E-C

Postby chad3006 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:27 pm

Here's a wire wheel I made about two months ago. It's similar to many European sports car wheels of the 50's and 60's and should be suitable for 1950's Grand Prix cars too. To test it I used WEC's Stormhawk. It has drum brakes attached so it can be used on open wheel racers. It weighs in at 442 triangles, which is a little less than the 36GP wire wheel.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chad3006

Postby chad3006 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:24 pm

The setup for this car is not exactly realistic, but I found a “sweet spot” that makes the car really fun to drive, so I went with that. Haruna can probably make it better.

Created by: chad3006 with various bits from SD-cars
Category: lp1
Based on: 2014 Toyota TS040
License: GNU Public License

Horse Power: 986 H.P.
Max Torque: 867 Nm @ 7125 rpm
Weight: 950 Kg
Weight on Rear: 50%
Drivetrain: RWD (this example anyway)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by chad3006 on Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
chad3006

PreviousNext

Return to SD Cars