[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - First Impressions and possible improvements

First Impressions and possible improvements

Use this forum to report bugs or ask for help

Moderator: kilo

First Impressions and possible improvements

Postby JASONROCKS1998 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:33 pm

So, I found this today, downloaded version 2.1, set up my controller and options and decided to get used to the driving model with a 5 lap race in the GT1 cars. I chose a red car that looked like a Viper and put all of the AI on track. The graphics weren't great but it ran well. I then saw a huge texture on the track that I couldn't see past, and there was a crashed DBR9 behind it, which put me down to 8th, I wasn't sure why this was. I also saw that the AI, especially on ovals and in fast cars, crashed frequently, which made the racing a bit too easy. The game is great fun, but I think the texture glitches on oval's and brush up on the AI. Apart from that it is a brilliant racing game :D
JASONROCKS1998

Re: First Impressions and possible improvements

Postby Tom_D3 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:38 pm

Glad you like it :D

HyenaRacer45 is working on a new coding and graphics for the game (basically re-writing the majority of it).
This will have better graphics and physics, to take it to the level of games such as Need for Speed. I'm currently working on more cars, GT3 category + more supercars.
Good to have another member :D
Tom_D3

Postby Haruna » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:17 am

The GT1 drivers aren't especially well-calibrated to run on ovals; you'll find they're at their best on circuits or road courses.
Where did you see the 'huge texture'? We've got a lot of different tracks.
Haruna

Postby JASONROCKS1998 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:27 am

JASONROCKS1998

Postby JASONROCKS1998 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:49 am

Another thing I noticed is a weird visual thing on my screen sometimes when I enter races, like the on in the attachment, I don't know what causes it but have had it a few times.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JASONROCKS1998

Return to Problems, Fixes & Help