[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Aichi TS040 preview

Aichi TS040 preview

For random discussions which aren't directly related to Speed-Dreams

Moderator: kilo

Aichi TS040 preview

Postby chad3006 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:39 pm

I'm still working on it. I meant for this to go in the gallery section, but put it here by mistake.

chad3006

Re: Aichi TS040 preview

Postby Tom_D3 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:51 pm

Looks great! Will you edit the engine code to allow for hybrid engines? currently only naturally aspirated and single turbo engines are allowed.

Great work, looking forward to driving it :D
Tom_D3

Postby chad3006 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:57 pm

Well, that is going to be a bit of a problem. I'm not sure how to handle the engine part. I read that it is rated at about 1000 combined HP. I tweaked the engine to reflect a very flat torque curve (that electric motors tend to have) and forced the engine to rate 1000 HP, but found it was a bit uncontrollable at that, so I backed the torque curve off a bit. So the answer is -- no. I opted for more drivability at this point, perhaps some of the setup gurus can make it better.

Also, I read that it has 7 gears, I guessed at ratios, but if someone is able to find what the gear ratios are I'll edit accordingly.
chad3006

Postby Tom_D3 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:00 pm

I think that that is something to work on for the next release, along with a better sound system and better graphics :D
Tom_D3

Postby Haruna » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:34 pm

Haruna

Postby jjsca » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:04 am

jjsca

Postby chad3006 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:31 pm

I'm doing good. So far I'm symptom free, but I still don't have a solid diagnosis yet. Dr. said I have some atypical genetic markers, so that's complicating things. Who knows, maybe I'll get a disease named after me – YEAH!

I'm glad to see more traffic here at the forum and more modelers too!

I've started work on this Boxer too:

And I finished this '57 Nash a few months ago – this is some of my “private stock.” Yes, not everybody gets to feel the thrill of a '57 Nash.

chad3006

Postby MiniJoe » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:10 pm

Wow, I love the Nash!
I have been waiting for you to move into the 60's :lol:
Austin-Healeys, MGs, Mustangs
MiniJoe

Postby Tom_D3 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:17 pm

There are a few 60s cars in the Torcs 'Historic' category, I could re-texture them at some point and make them graphically sutiable for Speed Dreams 2 :D
Tom_D3

Postby chad3006 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:13 pm

I have plans for more cars than I can possibly finish. I've got an unfinished 68 Mustang, still want to do a early 70's 'Cuda. And I want to do a series of early 60's European rally cars. Oh yeah, and I've started gathering info on some mid to late 60's F1 cars -- want to do some of those too -- and some 60's NASCAR -- some "golden age" drag cars, gassers, and factory "super stocks." So you track makers, get a drag strip ready (I haven't figured out how to dump the clutch and make a car twist and come off the line with a wheelie yet though.)

chad3006

Next

Return to Off-topic