[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Change color player on the map

Change color player on the map

Information about the inner-side magic

Moderator: kilo

Change color player on the map

Postby nonobecane » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:58 am

Hi,

Do you know how to change the color player on the map ?
I want to change yellow to red for more visibility.

Thanks for your answers
SD2 svn / Debian Sid 64 / 1920x1080 on GTX580 / Logitech G25
nonobecane

Re: Change color player on the map

Postby MiniJoe » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:41 am

MiniJoe

Postby nonobecane » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:23 pm

SD2 svn / Debian Sid 64 / 1920x1080 on GTX580 / Logitech G25
nonobecane

Postby simon-2 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:46 pm

two other issues with the map i was wondering about...:

1: the map is always oriented in a way that start/finish-lane is horizontal. For real-world tracks, it would be nice to have it north-up. is there any way to display it rotated? Didn't find out yet..

2: scaling... for larger tracks, everything is scaled down so that the map can be shown completely. Unfortunately, the dots showing the cars are also scaled down, so for a larger track it is almost impossible to see them at all... so i think it would be better to scale the map down, but leave the dots in a standard size..?
simon-2

Postby tlow » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:41 pm

Press 'm' to cycle through different orientations of the track map, which includes turning it off.
tlow

Postby simon-2 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:55 pm

well, ok- so maybe this is a feature-request for next version :-)
i know i can change representation style, but if i view the full track, i would prefer to see it in a familiar way (north-up, as i know the track layout from every map, flyer etc), and i think it would also make sense to see the car-dots even if i view the full track :D

for explanation: this is as it is:
map_as_is.png
which has nearly no recognition value, as it is rotated, and no use, as you can hardly see the cars.

this is as i would like it to have:
map_better.png

would just need another entry in the track-xml, like "north direction" or so.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
simon-2

Postby tlow » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:30 pm

One of the track map orientations is a zoomed map where your car is moving "north" and the map rotates around it. Probably the closest to what you want. This is the map orientation that I use.
tlow

Postby MiniJoe » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:02 pm

MiniJoe

Postby tlow » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:29 pm

Oh dear, I completely misunderstood the issue. Sorry.
tlow

Postby simon-2 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:57 pm

yeah, cool :-)

no need to port it back, i can live without it until it gets in release version. When will v5 track engine be released..?

i think it won't matter if i place "original bearing" in a track right now to be prepared for v5..?
simon-2

Next

Return to SD Physics & Internals