[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - trouble with objects

trouble with objects

Discuss or share your track-related work here

Moderator: kilo

Re: trouble with objects

Postby simon-2 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:57 am

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
simon-2

Postby simon-2 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:20 am

next question is on turn marks :)

first thing:
signs are levitating:
levitating_sign.png

is there a possibility yet to draw the post without including it in the sign texture itself (that would waste alot of texture space..), as in Salzfelden?

second:
i try to use "turn marks" for several road signs and even ads, being either rectangular, round, or triangular. As far as i have noticed, there is only one back-sign texture, which is rectangular by default. if all signs where round, for example, i could use a round back-sign texture and everything fine. But as i have them mixed, one texture does not "really" work for all sign shapes.
any possibility without changing them manually in .ac-file?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
simon-2

Postby simon-2 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:53 pm

simon-2

Postby MiniJoe » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:53 pm

@Simon-2,
Can you post an xml that exhibits the behaviour?
I will see if I can help.
MiniJoe

Postby simon-2 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:38 pm

Hi Joe,

archive contains the xml and the corresponding ac files (no textures included for file size...)

objects that work correctly:
gate
tent
Startbuilding
tribune
tree1 (from defaults)

objects that get wrong textures:
trackpost (gets the texture of gate)
camper (gets the texture of tribune)
trucks (get texture of tribune)

i guess that something is wrong with the ac files, but i have no idea what it could be. It seems to me that there is no logic, but the same objects work/don't work on every trial, so there must be a rule in this behaviour :-?
simon-2

Postby simon-2 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:48 pm

simon-2

Postby MiniJoe » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:30 pm

Simon-2,
I downloaded the 7z file, but it looks like your missing the "objects-map.png" file.
So, none of the objects show up along the track. Could you remake the zip file or upload the object-map seperately?
Thanks
MiniJoe

Postby simon-2 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:26 pm

hi Joe,

workaround is already found (look above). Although i think this is a bug, as materials and textures are two different things and should be handled seperately (the most funny thing is that the whole track gets only one material in the track ac file, no matter what materials are defined in the objects' ac files. so materials are just used to mix up textures :lol:), but i know how to manage it, now (just use different material names and properties for every individual texture). This also works if two textures are used in the same ac object (as long as the appropriate polys use different materials).
Track will be uploaded very soon ;-)

regards
simon-2

Postby MiniJoe » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:06 pm

I was hoping to get the file(s) without your work around. I have a theory about the problem, but I cannot duplicate the original problem to test.
MiniJoe

Postby simon-2 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:10 pm

okay, so one moment...
you only need objects map?

simon-2

PreviousNext

Return to SD Tracks