[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - American Open wheel master 2011

American Open wheel master 2011

Discuss or share your car-related work here

Moderator: kilo

Re: American Open wheel master 2011

Postby swirusek » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:58 am

great work with this car models. And nice photos.
, , , ,
swirusek

Postby jjsca » Sat May 09, 2015 5:59 pm

Hello everyone how are you all. It has been sometime I haven't posted anything around here. I have been pretty busy and got in contact with the dev team. I learned quite a few new things and managed to convert the mpa11 to .acc format (finally !). I also made some progress on the DW12, it is not finished yet but I like the way it is evolving.

preview.jpg

Hope you like it as I do :D . Feel free to comment or suggest corrections, I never saw this car in real and sometimes pictures hide or distort stuff.

@swirusek: Thank you for the kind words. I really try to improve my modelling everytime, but these models wouldn't have been possible without the kind help of Radoye for his photographs and comments and WEC for his MPA10 model which was a very good base for the mpa11 (thanks guys btw :D ).

Stay tuned for news in the next few weeks.

Have a nice evening.

J.J.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jjsca

Postby Snake » Sat May 09, 2015 6:34 pm

That's awesome!
Snake

Postby Haruna » Sat May 09, 2015 9:59 pm

Haruna

Postby jjsca » Mon May 11, 2015 8:45 am

Hello everyone. Thank you for the kind words :D.

@Haruna: I am glad you like the model, it would be very nice to have an experienced 2D artist as you are. I am certain that with a few guys who know how to create nice car/track models and a few other good Gimp/photoshop/AI/Inkscape artists SD could really become beautiful. As much as I know for the moment I am the only 3D modeler and there's no 2D artist in the team (and to be honest I am not that good at 2D texturing). The road is still long and there is still plenty of perfectionism required, but from what I saw of the new OSG engine there are chances that SD blows a few minds (to be honest I am not even sure Xavier is aware of the massive potential that lies in his OSG engine). SD just needs to be cured from polyphobia and texturephobia and a great amount of love ;).

Just for info I have some plans to imporve SD's graphics with more eye candy (normalmaps and specmaps and if technically possible dynamic alpha maps for glass) talked to Xavier about this and he is open to it but for the moment the priority is to get OSG release ready.

By the way, if there are any 2D or 3D artists interested in joining the team, you can PM me or directly contact Xavier via jabber or e-mail.

Have a nice day.

J.J.
jjsca

Postby madbad » Mon May 11, 2015 10:27 am

madbad

Postby Rocket Racer » Mon May 11, 2015 3:39 pm

Funny that you guys are mentioning OSG. Another open-source project I'm following, OpenMW (https://openmw.org/en/) has recently begun to make the switch to said graphical engine as well. Hopefully it will also improve SD's preformance.
Rocket Racer

Postby jjsca » Thu May 14, 2015 8:39 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jjsca

Postby Leopjing » Fri May 15, 2015 4:10 pm

Nice! I can wait on that great model!

I would like to see more detailed models too, even if i know that i cant play SD so good then :/
I have 4x 2.9 GHz, 8GB Ram, and 1GB graphicram, and i can play SD only nearly at the absolut minimum graphic settings and then only with max. 10 bots ( i have then a fps of 30-40).....
Or maybe i have done something really wrong.
Leopjing

Postby madbad » Fri May 15, 2015 7:52 pm

madbad

PreviousNext

Return to SD Cars