[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - What can I name VIR?

What can I name VIR?

Use this forum to report bugs or ask for help

Moderator: kilo

What can I name VIR?

Postby Snake » Thu May 21, 2015 5:44 am

Hi,

I'm currently in the process of making VIR. I have the track laid out. Only thing left to do is adjust the fencing and the elevation to match the real track as close as possible. I do have the track almost 2 miles too long. The real VIR is 3.27 miles for the Full Course and mine is just a tad over 5 miles for the Full Course. But that's just because I don't know how to scale the background image in the Track Editor yet. I read a tutorial but it was confusing. :|

Anyway, my question is that since I know the abbreviation VIR and the name Virginia International Raceway is copyrighted and as I don't want to get in any copyright trouble, what name can I name it? I want something so that people know that it's VIR.

I'm not good whatsoever at coming up with names so I'm hoping the community here can help me think up a good name for my VIR track as I don't want to get into trouble for copyright infringement.

Thanks!
Snake

Re: What can I name VIR?

Postby tlow » Thu May 21, 2015 7:13 pm

Alton? Oak Tree?
tlow

Postby Haruna » Thu May 21, 2015 7:47 pm

Haruna

Postby Snake » Thu May 21, 2015 7:59 pm

I'll name it that then. Thanks!

Even though there won't be an Oak Tree in it unless someone wants to make one for it after I upload it.

The original Oak Tree isn't there anymore. Sadly it had to be cut down. In it's place they planted another Oak Tree. A baby one. I think it's a clone of the original one but I'm not sure.
Snake

Postby Leopjing » Thu May 21, 2015 9:39 pm

Leopjing

Postby Snake » Fri May 22, 2015 6:56 am

I used to make the background image for VIR.

I just opened the track layout image I found on the VIR site and added a second layer and while the second layer was on top and invisible, I traced the layout using the lines tool and then I used a paintbrush to fill in the gaps. Then I deleted the first layer that had the VIR image and saved the second layer as a .png. That's all I did to make it. Is that how it's done because I couldn't think of any other way?

And thanks for explaining scaling to me but I'm still confused. :?

Edit: are the exact images I used to make the background image. I used the one titled Full Course.
Snake

Postby Leopjing » Fri May 22, 2015 10:23 am

When you are sure that youre image has the right scale (width of the track to the length), set in the track editor the track width to (idk :D (e.g. now 13m), then you have to try to scale the image that the track width in the image is the same as the track width in the editor. its not 100% exactly but yeah :D .

Btw. here my try to extract the layout from the website. (i use the images from the site)

Leopjing

Postby Snake » Fri May 22, 2015 6:50 pm

Thank you Leopjing. That makes more since. :)

And thank you for taking the time to extract all the track layout images but I have to ask, how did you extract the images?

It's a way better quality than mine is. Do you think I can do the same thing in Paint.NET? I'm not very experienced in photo editing I'm afraid. :(

I copied everything to my Google Drive. :)
Snake

Postby Leopjing » Sat May 23, 2015 12:49 pm

Leopjing

Postby Snake » Sat May 23, 2015 5:47 pm

Is Inkscape free or do I gotta pay for it? I already have Gimp on my Debian laptop.

Edit: Nevermind I found it. :)

I'm probably gonna scrap my VIR track and start over from scratch for two reasons. 1 is so I can scale it to the correct size and 2 so I can name it. I tried renaming it last night from the Track Editor but it didn't work for some reason.
Snake

Next

Return to Problems, Fixes & Help