[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Brno Circuit

Brno Circuit

Discuss or share your track-related work here

Moderator: kilo

Brno Circuit

Postby simon-2 » Sun May 24, 2015 4:20 pm

This is just a pre-release, as is has no scenery yet. But as track layout and height profile are completely finished and won't be changed any more (thanks to very precise information on the operator's web site), you can drive it right now.
Fancy stuff such as textures, trees, trackside crap, background, shadows, menu graphics etc will be added later...

-Track Name: Brno
-Track length: ~5357m
-Track width: 15m
-Pits: 23
-Track description: Track from Czech Republic
-Track type: permanent circuit
-typical laptimes around 2 minutes
-Track outline image:
brno-outline.png

-origin: real-world copy of Brno Circuit/ Automotodrom Brno
-installation: extract to your tracks/circuit/ folder
-download: new link:
-License: gpl

enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by simon-2 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simon-2

Re: Brno Circuit

Postby edwinguerra » Mon May 25, 2015 3:04 am

Good evening from San Diego, Venezuela!!!

I already downloaded the file, unzipped it on the right folder of SD 2.0 (over Win 7 SP1), ran the game and... Plop!!! It crashed!

It happens with this track and others I have (created by "aps", and based on F1 tracks of 2009 season, like Shangai, Sepang, Melbourne, Montreal, Valencia Street Circuit...) I have a little feeling that it is happening because the Java engine isn't updated, but those XML files don't have the "Local Info" (and "Brno" hasn't too)...

I don't know really if the trouble is related to Win 7, because I had a laptop with Win XP and SD ran very good, and all tracks worked perfectly...

I hope you can understand me, I haven't English as my primary language...

Cheers!!!

Edwin
Edwin Guerra
@edwinguerrave on Twitter
edwinguerra

Postby Leopjing » Mon May 25, 2015 10:50 am

Leopjing

Postby simon-2 » Mon May 25, 2015 11:43 am

sorry, but i have no idea. i'm also running SD2.1, but on Linux. The only thing i could think of, is that some of the textures and/or surface definitions are not present in 2.0, as this track uses mostly default surfaces (located in ../data/tracks/surfaces.xml and ../data textures/). If some of the used ones are only available in 2.1 but not 2.0, the game might not know what to do and crash... (?).

i think, local info section is not mandatory (defaults are used if nothing is defined), but you could try to copy local info section from any other track into the xml to check this.
simon-2

Postby edwinguerra » Sun May 31, 2015 3:15 am

Edwin Guerra
@edwinguerrave on Twitter
edwinguerra

Postby simon-2 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:02 pm

as announced, here is a better, more beautiful version with some fancy stuff and scenery. Number of Pits has decreased (only 21 now), and license has changed, but is still free, of course (LAL instead of gpl now). Apart from that, above properties are still the same...

new download link:

some screenshots:

enjoy :-)

edit: if anyone is interested in the sources for further improvements, please email me...
simon-2

Postby MiniJoe » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:50 am

Looks and drives great!
MiniJoe

Postby simon-2 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:02 am

simon-2

Postby simon-2 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:57 pm

no idea (especially not about windows).
does the problem occur for this track only?
can you drive with another device?
what version are you running?
simon-2

Postby MiniJoe » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:27 am

@Vinylman
Have you configured the player for keyboard? The default is Mouse & keyboard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY0HkfN2v64
The message in your screenshot is normal (it indicates that the 'up arrow' key was hit).
What happens next? Did the game crash? Or did the car not move? If the car doesn't move, try the left mouse button. If that works, see the video link above.
MiniJoe

Return to SD Tracks