[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - American Open wheel master 2011

American Open wheel master 2011

Discuss or share your car-related work here

Moderator: kilo

Re: American Open wheel master 2011

Postby Snake » Fri May 15, 2015 8:00 pm

The Long Pond SuperSpeedway has some major performance issues as well. For me it does anyway. Every time I try that track my FPS always drop to below 5FPS. Might just be my computer too though.
Snake

Postby jjsca » Sun May 17, 2015 2:33 pm

Hi everyone how are you ?

I managed to finish the steering wheel for the DW12 (will be called mpa 12 in SD). So here is a preview of how it will look, hope you like it:

steerwheel.jpg

For info this model uses specmaps to simulate the anisotropic light properties of carbon fiber (as Project cars / Assetto corsa have) and I added a simplistic envmap to simulate reflections in blender. Currently SD is not supporting specmaps but I hope it will come soon.

As always feel free to comment.

@ Madbad: Thank you for the info I'll try to contact joe and see if he wants me test out stuff.

@Snake and Madbad: Yep on some tracks SD has some big optimisation problems. I too had troubles with Forza and Milky before I updated my gear. I hope OSG will help fixing some of these issues.

Have a nice day.

J.J.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jjsca

Postby Radoye1 » Mon May 18, 2015 3:37 pm

Looks great mate!
Radoye1

Postby jjsca » Wed May 27, 2015 10:13 pm

Hello everyone, how are you ?

I have been working on the DW12 lately and managed to start to texture it. It is still a work in progress but here is the start of it:
mpa12-murasama-preview.jpg

mpa12-murasama-preview2.jpg

As always comments are welcome. These pictures are take within the blender viewport, so this is opengl. I would like to get similar quality in SD, it should be possible we'll see. I hope you like it and feel free to comment.

Have a nice evening.

J.J.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jjsca

Postby jjsca » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:06 am

Hello everyone, I got some news from the mpa12 car. I managed to get it ingame and it looks really nice. There is still work to be done but it is starting to come together. Here are a few previews in the new OSG grahpics engine:

Road kit:

Oval kit:

I also made a short oval kit that is not shown here. I am pretty impressed by the potential of OSG. Once there will be a material system and spec/normal maps, SD will really be up to date.

As always feel free to comment.

If anyone knows his way in sound creation and would be motivated to help out on this car he can pm me, I would be grateful because I tried to make a sample but it is anything but great.

Now we have quite a good reprensentation of american indycars, for the next cars, I plan to move to GT cars (GT3 cars). Are there motivated people (3d modelers, 2d skinners and sound artists) who would like to join a group to work on GT3 cars ? I have a nissan GTR on the way which could easily be converted to gt3 spec, I also promised xavier a cavalo 360 (so this could also become gt3).

Have a nice day.

J.J.

PS: #Forza Jules Forever
jjsca

Postby madbad » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:54 pm

Really really nice! :shock:
madbad

Postby Haruna » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:41 pm

At this rate, I'm gonna end up replacing GRID Autosport as my go-to "have serious fun" racer.
Haruna

Postby jjsca » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:40 am

Hello everyone how are you ? I have been working on the mpa12 for the last days and I think the graphics are done now, next will be the setup and sound. Here are the new onboard cams and shots of the interior (SSG engine):

Feel free to comment.

@madbad:

Thank you, I really like this car too and I hope it will be a blast to drive. If we manage to get the current performance limitations sorted on OSG, we may hold quite a nice sim actually. To be honest when I first turned on OSG with this car I was just blown away by the car shader, I looked a bit like that: :shock: . Honestly if we get some really nice tracks (mainly textures) and the OSG engine fully implemented, SD will be quite a nice sim. Unfortunately I never worked on tracks and don't have time to work on 3d models and start playing around with tracks (I already can't keep up with cars actually :D ).

@Haruna:

Cool, I wanted to make a nice version of the dw12 and I apreciate if you like it :D. I guess the dw12 can be a fun thing to throw around but in SD without FFB it might get quite tricky. Now I need to find a few skinners for these mpa carsto bring a bit of variation and a bunch of motivated guys to work on a gt3 carset.
I also like very much GRID but lately I rediscovered an old friend: GTR2. I found a really sweet spot for the FFB and I can't get enough of the EEC GT3 cars and the ADAC GT Masters complement. I had to modify a few .aud (vantage gt3 and ford gt gt3) and hdc (mclaren mp4-12 gt3) files of this mod but now its just epic.

Have a nice day.

J.J.
jjsca

Postby Radoye1 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:36 am

Looks awesome, man! :)
Radoye1

Postby W-E-C » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:07 pm

very nice model indeed.

@GT3-cars: though i would like to do one, i guess at my working speed i'd be probably of not much use
W-E-C

PreviousNext

Return to SD Cars