[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - modelling shot

modelling shot

Show your screenshots to the world!

Moderator: kilo

Forum rules
One inappropriate image here and you don't come back ever.

modelling shot

Postby chad3006 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:41 pm

I must confess, I really like the way this car is turning out and I couldn't wait to show it. It's the first car I've modelled that is newer than 1959.

chad3006

Re: modelling shot

Postby Haruna » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:48 am

oh my gosh~ can't wait!
Haruna

Postby chad3006 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:42 pm

I thought you might like it Haruna, what category would it best be suited for? Now that I've finished the vintage stock car racers (for now), I've been researching Trans Am racing and thought I might make a series of cars for that.
chad3006

Postby W-E-C » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:15 am

Good looking model so far, looking forward to see it finished.

Great to hear that your are looking into making a "Tans Am Series".

May i also put in my 2p on categories: i would suggest you create a custom category because then you can set the appropriate limits for the car series.
W-E-C

Postby chad3006 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Well, it's been an interesting year for me and I've had tons of computer problems. So, long-story-short, I lost most all the modeling projects I'd been working on and had to start again from scratch. Luckily, I didn't have to start completely from scratch on the 2014 Boxer, I had an early saved version still.
And here's my version of a Brabham BT19
An animated driver I've been working on.
chad3006

Postby W-E-C » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:58 pm

your boxer looks like a pretty clean mesh, looking forward to see it finished

the Brabham looks nice too

i also attempted an older formula car (carvallo) but couldn't manage a usable setup and left it half finished
carvallo_mp67.jpg
if you manage a drivable setup for your Brabham i can maybe borrow it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
W-E-C

Postby chad3006 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:48 pm

You certainly can WEC, right now it accelerates like crazy, handles well, and stops on a dime -- all a bit unrealistically. I'll get it too you as soon as I can and once I back off on the braking at least. The Brabham is high poly compared to my other work (just shy of 10K triangles), but it is similar in poly size to some of the modern F1's that are in SD.

I've got three different heads for the animated driver, a 50's style helmet, 60's style, and modern.

I was going to work on the cavallo next, but I'm glad to see you've already got one. I'll move on the Gurney Eagle or something like that. I also started work on a "Boxer" 919 to go with the Toyota P1 I made earlier.
chad3006

Postby jjsca » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:03 am

Hi guys,

Thank you very much for sharing these old F1 cars, and thank you chad for allowing it to be integrated in SD. I reworked the setup to be more realistic and using the latest SD physics features, feel free to reuse the categrory and setup as a base for you work ;) . If you need help with setup or modeling on these cars feel free to pm me.

Cheers,
J.J.
jjsca

Postby chad3006 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:44 pm

Finally finished UV mapping the Boxer. Starting to do some 2D texturing work on it.

chad3006

Postby chad3006 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:10 pm

Getting pretty close to finished, just need to do the shadow mapping and setup and it should be good to go.

chad3006

Next

Return to Gallery