[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Why XML?

Why XML?

Discuss or share your car-related work here

Moderator: kilo

Why XML?

Postby Sneebol » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:01 am

We use XML to store variable data about cars, tracks and menus. Why? Both JSON and YAML are easier to read(especially YAML).
Sneebol

Re: Why XML?

Postby tlow » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:28 pm

Legacy. TORCS dates back to the late 90s when XML was the new thing. Switching requires large effort for very little gain.
tlow

Re: Why XML?

Postby Sneebol » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:11 am

Thanks for the quick reply!

Also yeah, I see what you mean. I tried to make my own data format with Haskell (found a guide for one, not that I followed it: http://blog.functorial.com/posts/2013-0 ... guage.html), but I got bored of that and sorta realized nobody really seem to know Haskell, and I didn't think about all the work that had to be done around it. Again, thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sneebol

Return to SD Cars