[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Weird robot behavior at pit exit and start/finish

Weird robot behavior at pit exit and start/finish

Use this forum to report bugs or ask for help

Moderator: kilo

Weird robot behavior at pit exit and start/finish

Postby T. Janosch » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:44 pm

Hi,
first of all, as I am new to the community: many thanks to the devs and all contributors for this great game!

While working on tracks for Dijon and Spa, I observed some weird behavior of the robots. First, the more severe problem:

1. On the Dijon track (attached), many simplix robots from different classes (e.g. TRB1, MPA1) turn right and crash into the barrier at the pit exit segment at drive-by. It looks like they see the first curve there. This happens for all MPA1 simplix bots and most TRB1 simplix bots, but not for usr bots or, e.g., Supercars simplix bots.

2. The second problem are bots steering erratically at the start/finish line of several tracks and often starting to skid and spin. For Spa, as an example, I took care for a good alignment of track start and end, but it didn't help.
Delta X = 0.000000
Delta Y = 0.000000
Delta Z = 0.000000
Delta Ang = 0.000000 (0.000010)

Many thanks in advance for any help.
Regards, T. Janosch

P.S.: The attached file is a work in progress, so please excuse that many textures are still dummies taken from tracks of the addon packages, and lack attribution.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
T. Janosch

Re: Weird robot behavior at pit exit and start/finish

Postby madbad » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:37 pm

Hi Janosch and welcome aboard! :mrgreen:
Hopefully someone more informed than me on the subject will help you. :oops:

Cheers
madbad

Postby T. Janosch » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:31 am

Thanks, but unfortunately no one else replied so far.
Maybe I should re-post in the tracks section to find the right people?

Regards,
T. Janosch
T. Janosch

Postby MiniJoe » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:48 am

Hi T. Janosch and welcome.

I tried your attached Dijon track, but it did not load. I had another version of Dijon from an earlier post. Using that I did not see any strange behavior from the simplix robots when they passed the pit exit.

From your track, I received an error that Speed Dreams could not open Dijon-all.ac for reading.
I do have the file.
MiniJoe

Postby T. Janosch » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:53 am

Hi MiniJoe,
many thanks for your efforts.
Please find attached a simplified version using the original .ac file as generated by trackgen, so without any scenery. Maybe this one works for you. It is intended to be in the "circuit" folder.
I made the track from scratch, so it has nothing in common with the earlier version you tested (except the basic track layout, I guess).

I additionally noticed that the pit exit problem does not appear if I remove the pits (for MPA1), but then the game crashes for TRB1 robots when loading the first bot.

Sorry, upload quota reached... you can download the track here:
T. Janosch

Postby MiniJoe » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:40 pm

Hi T. Janosch,
Your original track (with scenery) loads and runs OK. Once I put it in the circuits folder!
I don't know if the problem at pit exit is a bug in the robots or the track.
If I change the Pits section of the xml to use:
<attstr name="exit" val="straight 1" /> (which is incorrect, of course)
The robots behave correctly.
Hopefully, you can continue developing your track with that until the bug gets fixed.
MiniJoe

Postby T. Janosch » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:27 am

Hi MiniJoe,
many thanks for testing the track and looking for solutions. Unfortunately, your proposed workaround only delays the problem to a few curves later, and the track does not load for TRB1 robots.
The same problem now occurs on two further tracks I started to work on. Very strange that no one else seems to have such issues.

Thanks again!
T. Janosch
T. Janosch

Postby wanda01 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:58 am

Thanks for the good information. Very useful

wanda01

Return to Problems, Fixes & Help