[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Controller Fix?

Controller Fix?

Use this forum to report bugs or ask for help

Moderator: kilo

Controller Fix?

Postby Agent X19 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:48 am

I am curious as to why my controllers all worked and calibrated with no problems or issues with TORCS on my win8.1 Pro 8-Core, yet nothing seems to work with Speed Dreams other than KB &/or Mouse. :?
I have also noticed other users with Linux are having the same problem... So why is there no fix, and how did it get lost in the first place? If this is built from TORCS which works fine with any controller, then why did this key functionality not be included in Speed Dreams? :cry:
If there's a fix for windows OS, I would appreciate it. ;)
Agent X19

Re: Controller Fix?

Postby madbad » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:18 pm

Hi AgentX19,
in Speed Dreams 2.1 we switched to a more recent library from SDL 1.x to SDL 2.x.
This manage input in a different way than before so we we had to update our code too with the possible introduction of new bugs.

Is your controller not recognized at all by Speed-Dreams?

Cheers, Madbad
madbad

Postby Agent X19 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:40 am

So far none of my three controllers tested have been recognized in any way, yet all of them work perfectly in TORCS with no issues whatever.
It seems the newer libraries are not so great of an update if they remove a lot of controller options and support.
Is there any way to include both libraries in the source to not only fix the problem, but to give the program even more flexibility and user-friendliness as well?
I really love the program, but without being able to use one of my controllers it leaves me choice but to end up using the older TORCS, though I've downloaded the older SD 1.4 version to see if it works with a wheel to make do until a fix comes out so I can fully enjoy SD 2.1. :roll:
Agent X19

Postby MiniJoe » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:10 pm

I believe TORCS still uses PLIB for controller input.

@AgentX19 - Can you list the make and model of your controllers?
MiniJoe

Postby Ghostie » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:53 pm

I also had problems with this and windows 8.1 - I'm using a joystick, but have also gotten my PS3 controller to work finally.

First problem I had was that neither of my controllers work in a USB3 slot. Which I just found out.

Second problem is that you have to go into the windows joystick config/calibration tool ... and setup your controller in there first. Windows key + w to search, type in "controllers" - choose the "setup usb game controllers". Now it should work and it shows up as a microsoft joystick (both of mine), except in newer games my PS3 controller actually shows up correctly - but I've got some 3rd party server thing going, not sure which thing is fixing it.
Ghostie

Postby Leopjing » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:34 pm

Hi i just tested it with the Xbox360 controller, idk which controller you mean :D but it works for me (win10) its no fun to drive withit but it works.
Leopjing

Return to Problems, Fixes & Help