[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Integrating the game with other Program

Integrating the game with other Program

For random discussions which aren't directly related to Speed-Dreams

Moderator: kilo

Integrating the game with other Program

Postby velika » Fri May 26, 2017 9:04 am

Hello,My name is Andrew,im a student in Romania at Brasov University and im developing my Bachelor Thesis.I want to connect your game with my program but i dont really know how(by that i mean the connection).
I know the the source files are somewhere in human\preferences.I open the Preferences.xml and there i searched for my controller(PS3)inputs to see if they are there and i found them.Till now all it's good.But how can i manange so my game will interact with my Program.
The program i speak is AMESim.There i have a model car with motor,battery etc.
I want that my acceleration and brake from the game to be exported to my program or in the reverse way(From program to the xml file(so to the game)).
I managed to modify an xml from a C# code.I use C# because AMESim talks very fast and very good with C#(i use imports DLL and such things)

But lets say that somehow i manage to get my info from AMESIM,put in in C#, then when i press a buttton the xml file from the game will be modified with the parameters i want from AMESim.Will that work?

It's a lil bit tricky and i dont really know how can i verify that.

Thank you for understanding and i hope you can help me.
I can put as a refference your game and website,but also if you could help me i could add an reference as the name of the person who helped me.

Please help me fellas!Thanks
velika

Re: Integrating the game with other Program

Postby Sneebol » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:46 pm

That sounds really cool! Amesim is some form of CAE-type software, yes? Sounds like using something like that would be useful for improving SD simulation accuracy possible (within the limits of Speed Dreams anyhow). But I guess that now the train has passed for trying to help you... :/ How did it all work out? I'm excited to know! :)
Sneebol

Return to Off-topic