No GUI with NVidia acceleration

Use this forum to report bugs or ask for help

Moderator: kilo

No GUI with NVidia acceleration

Postby Auradrummer » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:26 am

Hello Guys,

I'm enjoying Speed Dreams much more than I thought. Brondehatch and Corkscrew with the Zentek ZL1 is the more pleasure I had with any racing game till now.

But, when I was racing with software acceleration the performance was poor but I had GUI. When I changed the driver, the graphics became very nice, very fast, but no HUD. Someone have a tip?

Another thing (offtopic): what the game configurations doesn't affects anything when hardware accelerated driver?

I'm using Linux Mint with NVidia GeForce 210 and my Speed Dreams is the 2.2.0
Auradrummer

Re: No GUI with NVidia acceleration

Postby madbad » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:56 pm

I'm not sure what exactly you have changed, I have an nVidia graphic card (GTX770) with nVidia propietary drivers and the HUD is showing for me with the stable graphic engine "SSG".

Are you sure you did not have changed the Speed-Dreams graphic engine from "SSG" to "OSG"?
OSG is the new experimental one, it does look better but has no HUD in 2.2.0 (some work have been done for it in the development version trought).
madbad

Postby Auradrummer » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:42 am

Hey Madbad,

You got the point. I'm using OSG, because SSG is too slow. But I'll give a try more on SSG and let's what happens. Thank you man!
Auradrummer

Postby madbad » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:50 am

I'm glad to have been of help.
madbad

Postby Auradrummer » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:40 pm

Only to close the question: the SSG with the setup of NVidia X Server Settings are so fast as the OSG, but with all configs on and the HUD. I had a great time on Brondehatch yesterday. Thanks man. I hope I can help the Speed Dreams someday!
Auradrummer

Return to Problems, Fixes & Help