[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - LeMans Gulf GT40

LeMans Gulf GT40

Discuss or share your car-related work here

Moderator: kilo

LeMans Gulf GT40

Postby WingCommander » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:55 pm

I have re skinned the Ford GT. Enjoy

Car Name: Gulf GT40
Directory Name: gulfgt
Car Category: Race/Oval
Car Class: TRB1

Specifications:
Power: 488 @ 7000 rpm
Torque: 678 @ 3750 rpm
Weight: 1170
Drivetrain: Rear wheel, 6 speed
Weight %: 51% rear

I increased the wind resistance to make the car more competitive. The rear end ratio was also changed to reflect the real car and make the top speed more sane.

Screenshot.png

gulfgt.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WingCommander

Re: LeMans Gulf GT40

Postby andrewsumner » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:28 am

Nice skin - reminds me that one day I'd like to make proper 1960s LeMans and GP carsets. Just need the time...
andrewsumner

Postby WingCommander » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:10 am

Thanks Andrew.

Actually, I have created 5 '60s type skins for the GT40 with smaller tail lights, different head lights, better detailed wheels and more accurate body creases.

I am working on making them compatible with SD and will offer them soon for both SD and Torcs.

Here's a preview:
torcs-20111120224712.png
torcs-20111120224909.png
torcs-20111120224812.png
torcs-20111120225027.png
torcs-20111120225122.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WingCommander

Postby WingCommander » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:13 am

Oh... I just remembered. The sc-fmc-gt4 model does not have the wing. That makes it more accurate!

Those five don't have the head and tail light mods. Here are those.

torcs-20111120224413.png
torcs-20111120224404.png

Work progresses and I hope to have them done soon!
WingCommander

Postby rajonmestra » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:03 am

I know im late with this but a good job for this. Just wonder what would it look on the actually one. here's the pic i've got thru flickr. Everything is such badly hot - the headlights the tail lights and the entire body part.

rajonmestra

Postby WingCommander » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:29 am

Nice picture...

... of a Porche! :mrgreen:

There was the GT40 Mk. IV which was sleeker. I am thinking of trying to model it, but I am just learning modeling and it might take a while. Maybe W-E-C would care to give it a go!??!

BTW, here's a Mk IV
185725362_0b29a67533.jpg
WingCommander

Return to SD Cars