[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Are this game project dead?

Are this game project dead?

Use this forum to report bugs or ask for help

Moderator: kilo

Are this game project dead?

Postby leillo1975 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:57 pm

I tried to contact with devs a lot of times via email and this forums and is impossible. The last version update has years and only see spammers on forums.

A bit of information about the actual situation of this game could be useful.

Greetings!
----
leillo1975

Re: Are this game project dead?

Postby Sneebol » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:51 pm

The last update was not years ago, and the project is not dead. Take a look at the commits! There's a new one roughly every week or so. Glacially slow for the scale of the project - yes. Dead - no.

Also, the spam is not the only thing around here. It's bad, but it's manageable, it's not like it drowns out everything else.

You only mention that you've been trying to contact the devs a large number of times, but have you given it time? They could just be a little slow to respond. They have lives too, you know! ;)

P.S. I should also add that no, this forum isn't used as much as some other communication channels. As it seems, development is on SF, devtalk is on devel mailing list, user talk on user mailing list (and here sometimes).
Sneebol

Postby leillo1975 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:57 pm

----
leillo1975

Postby Sneebol » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:31 pm

Sneebol

Postby leillo1975 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:06 pm

I tried to contact with "bertauxx" (?!?!?!, someone in the facebook web of the project give me an email via messenger) but I don't recieved any answer. I have some questions about this project, (basically its past, present and future) to make an article about it in our web.
----
leillo1975

Postby Leopjing » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:03 am

This game is not dead, but yeah the communication and the use of the issue tracker isnt perfect. But i guess this project becomes more and more an personal project from some few devs and not a real community project.
However you should ask in the mailing list if you want an answer all other channels are rarely used.
Leopjing

Postby madbad » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:09 pm

Hello there!
Leilo175 I'm sorry you did not get a reply to your questions.
From what I know all social accounts were managed by an old dev that seems to not be interested in the progect any more (even this forum is hosted on a server that he manage), that partially explain why you did not get answers.

Xavier Bertaux as a founder of the project may be the correct one to contact, but feel free to post your questions here so if I can I will try to give you some reply.

Project is not dead just painfull slow (even my fault partially), lack of devs and freetime are the main problems.
madbad

Postby leillo1975 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:31 am

Thanks for your reply

I will contact to you via private message
----
leillo1975

Postby madbad » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:58 pm

I've just sent you my replies and also tried to send an email again to Xavier.
Cheers
madbad

Return to Problems, Fixes & Help