[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Implementing robots/Screen changing

Implementing robots/Screen changing

Use this forum to report bugs or ask for help

Moderator: kilo

Implementing robots/Screen changing

Postby mightymariner » Wed May 16, 2012 7:17 am

Hi guys, been playing this game, it's rather good but I have a problem. I downloaded berniew's robot thing, but I have no idea how to implement it in the game so cars can race using it. Also, I'm playing on a netbook so the screen is smaller. When I race, the tools at the bottom of the screen are cut off, so I can't see the bottom of the leaderboard etc. Can anyone help me?
mightymariner

Re: Implementing robots/Screen changing

Postby kilo » Sat May 19, 2012 10:36 am

Hi,

Berniew's tutorial is not compatible 100% with Speed Dreams, but provides a thorough overview what a robot should do. I would point you to observe the source code of existing robots, namely simplix and usr. You can find the code here: http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/speed- ... rc/drivers

Screen size: on the main menu, select Options/Display and select a different resolution from the first control.
kilo

Postby mightymariner » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:56 pm

Cheers, but how do I get the robot "into" the game so I can race with/against it?
mightymariner

Postby mungewell » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:18 pm

The robots are loadable modules/DLLs which are detected when the game starts, they are located in (for Win32):
C:\Program Files\speed-dreams-2.0.0\lib\drivers

This is the 'engine' which enables the robots to drive, there is also a batch of data files which determine how that 'engine' actually drives on the track, normally here:
C:\Program Files\speed-dreams-2.0.0\data\drivers

So if you want a new robot then both these directories need entries. Normally you would place the code the for driver in the source and compilation would handle installing appropriately. There are a couple of robot guides here in the forums which explain how you can fine tune the data files to improve driving performance.

Not sure what "berniew's robot thing" includes, do you have a link?
Simon.
mungewell

Return to Problems, Fixes & Help