[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Real Life Rides

Real Life Rides

For random discussions which aren't directly related to Speed-Dreams

Moderator: kilo

Real Life Rides

Postby mungewell » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:23 pm

As I suggested this as a topic, I guess I should go first :-)

My wife (yes I'm old) has the best car of the family with a '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (Turbo Diesel are quite rare around here), whilst I drive a '05 Mazda3 GT with a '02 Subaru Forester as back up for winter driving - although it has a rusted out/broken drive shaft that I have to get around to replace before the snow starts falling.... we also have a '98 GMC Envoy (old 'jimmy' body style) for pushing snow around and taking stuff to the dump.

No plans to upgrade in the near future, but ideally I would like something small with diesel & AWD... unfortunately North American emmissions laws have effectively killed that dream :-(
Simon.
mungewell

Re: Real Life Rides

Postby WingCommander » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:49 pm

What no pictures? :roll: :lol:

Funny because I drive a '00 GMC Jimmy and it is a good vehicle for me.

000_0090s.JPG
102_0393s.JPG

One day I would like to get some black wheels to finish the black out effect.

I also have a modified '68 MG Midget which is a lot of fun. :)

IMG_0297-small.jpg

The wife (no age comments) drives a demolition derby '96 Lumina, but she doesn't have to drive far and it was the kid who smacked the guard-rail. :x Its on it's last leg and will be replaced soon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WingCommander

Postby Haruna » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:50 pm

I roll in a 2005 Infiniti G35x and a 1994 (?) Toyota MR-2.
Haruna

Postby aeggy » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:05 pm

Most times i really enjoying cycling my custom build bike as fast as i could:

In a city like Berlin driving by car makes you mad :)
aeggy

Postby mungewell » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:12 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mungewell

Postby aeggy » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:25 pm

Hi,

right internal gears and internal brakes (the silver disks are for cooling).
aeggy

Postby TerraRoot » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:10 pm

i ride everywhere on my hugely abused honda cbr6, the bike is so quietly competent that i never feel the need to play with it, so by default it's always the one still running when i need to get anywhere, 70,000+ miles on it, only wrote it off 5 time's over aswell, still going!

Soon this will be on the road and in SpD:

a bajaj re 2s, only one in Ireland, and i got it :lol: 7 bhp, no floor, no brakes, no electrics, 8" trailer tyres, this pic is of it's good side btw...
TerraRoot

Postby mungewell » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:28 pm

With the onset of winter, icy/snow covered roads, the little Mazda has gone into hibination and the Forester has a shinny new (to it) driveshaft to start it's wintry reign....

Simon
mungewell

Postby rajonmestra » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:15 am

Well, it depends on you if you should upgrade your vehicle as there are hundreds of modification accessories out there. there are also auctions that offer trades and rebates. Here at SD, dream cars are truly real life cars only did with passion and dedication in order to come up with the best results.
rajonmestra

Postby Lin1876 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:56 pm

As a student, this is my ride for the forseeable future:

Yes, the trains which have a distressing tendancy to go off in snow and high winds.
Lin1876

Next

Return to Off-topic