[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 969: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4519: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4523: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3716)
Speed Dreams Community • View topic - Adjusting Camera Height

Adjusting Camera Height

Information about the inner-side magic

Moderator: kilo

Adjusting Camera Height

Postby GTRdrift34 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:52 am

Hi everyone just wondering if it were possible through coding (not in game) to change the height of the camera view used when racing. In particular the first person view used by pressing the F2 key, it is my preferred view but it is too low, where if possible could i reprogram the height value? Thank you.
GTRdrift34

Re: Adjusting Camera Height

Postby chad3006 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:10 pm

Well you can edit the XML code for the particular car(s) you're racing (located in the car's folder); the driver and or the bonnet position. If you're talking about the source code -- I can't help with that.
chad3006

Postby mungewell » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:41 pm

mungewell

Postby mungewell » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:45 pm

I should also add; if you think that the default position is wrong for a particular car(s), please suggest 'better' positions here (or with Trac) and we'll get those fixed....

Simon
mungewell

Postby GTRdrift34 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:58 am

Thanks for the help guys both responses were very useful. I ended up modifying the particular car xml file (sc-boxer-96) and adjusting the bonnet and driver height. It gave me a view which was higher off the ground. I also tweaked some values in the grcam.cpp for the cGrCarCamInfrontFixedCar class, i was trying to increase the value of center[2] but this seemed to change the angle of view in the z axis rather than the height of the forward looking camera. I am trying to get the most realistic view possible as i am looking at collecting gaze fixation data using the simulator so i wanted the most realistic 'viewing' experience for my user studies.
GTRdrift34

Postby mungewell » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:39 pm

The cameras need an 'eye' position and a 'look at' position (which is projected forward from the 'eye'). I think 'center[2]' is part of the 'look at', hence changing the angle of view.

To keep the view level you want to change both:

Have fun,
Simon
mungewell

Postby mungewell » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:17 pm

mungewell

Return to SD Physics & Internals